The sleep set is literally the foundation of your sleep. It’s important to make an overall commitment to healthy, restorative sleep. Here are some tips from the Better Sleep Council for maintaining a healthy sleep cycle and ensuring the best night’s rest:
2. Create a bedtime routine that is relaxing. Experts recommend reading a book, listening to soothing music or soaking in a hot bath.
3. Create a room that is dark, quiet, comfortable and cool for the best possible sleep.
4. Evaluate your mattress and pillow to ensure proper comfort and support. If your mattress is five to seven years old, it may be time for a new one. In general, pillows should be replaced every year.
5. Keep work materials, computers and televisions out of the bedroom.
6. Exercise regularly, but complete workouts at least two hours before bedtime.
7. If you sleep with a partner, your mattress should allow each of you enough space to move easily. A queen mattress is ideal for two people sharing a mattress.
8. Avoid eating, alcohol, nicotine and caffeine close to
bedtime. These can lead to poor sleep, keep you awake or disrupt sleep later in the night.
At Mueller Furniture, it’s our goal to transform your house into a home! Choose from hundreds of home furnishing items including: sofas, recliners, bedroom sets, Tempur-Pedic mattresses and much more. Shop online at muellerfurniture.com or stop by our luxurious Belleville showroom and see what the buzz is all about.